Self-assessment can be a time-consuming and often confusing business for busy individuals.
And judging by the hundreds of thousands of taxpayers who are penalized by HMRC each year it can also be very costly if:
- Deadlines are missed
- Incorrect returns are delivered
- Appropriate records are not retained or presented
We aim to spare you all these headaches and free up your valuable time by offering a comprehensive Individual Self Assessment service, including:
- Liaising with your bank, building society, stockbrokers, etc to gather the relevant data for your annual returns
- Calculating your tax liabilityCompleting and filing your tax return on your behalf
- Advising you when various payments are due and how much to pay
- Advising on appropriate record retention
- Introducing you to any relevant tax-saving ideas
- Representing you in the event of your being selected for investigation by HMRC
today to discuss how we can spare you the headache of Self-assessment.
The term ‘self-assessment’ is proving to be one of the great misnomers of all time. Many taxpayers struggle to understand complex tax returns and complete them correctly. In the first year of the regime alone, 775,000 taxpayers received £100 penalties for failing to submit their returns on time, and some 400,000 incurred further penalties because their returns were still outstanding six months later!
The constant stream of changes to tax legislation means not only that the returns are becoming even more difficult to understand but also that taxpayers risk incurring more penalties through failing to complete their returns on time or correctly.
We can save you a lot of time, worry, and money by handling your self-assessment for you. We will do all the necessary computations, complete your return, and even offer advice on how you can minimize your tax liability.
We can act as your agent, dealing directly with HMRC on your behalf, and, should you be selected for a self-assessment inquiry, act for you at any meetings.